If entrepreneur Jurij Gosleth from Triest had not bought a ship carrying a load of chrome ore and saltpetre in 1858 thinking there was copra on it, our company would have never been founded. While searching for a suitable site to build a plant and process the ore, he came across the Hrastnik valley. Everything was at hand, the railway, water, coal mine, and hardworking people.
Two years later in 1860, the company started to manufacture tanning agents, the first of a kind and highly in demand in the then Austro-Hungarian. The company soon gained reputation for its products: potassium nitrate, tanning agents, soda ash, soap, washing agents
Years 1870 to 1872
In 1870 and 1872 production of sulphuric and hydrochloric acid began, a landmark for further development
One of the first highlights in our company record has been the award of the golden badge at the World Exhibition in Chicago for the outstanding quality of its products.
The production program has changed form decade to decade, from one owner to another: 1925 – Production program was enriched by the production of water-soluble oils for the leather and textile industry
The plant for the manufacture of opium alkaloids was constructed
Years 1957 to 1962
During years or reconstruction plants for the production of STPP and chlor alkali products were erected, thus giving the orientation for further development of the company. It specialized for the production of phosphate salts.
Production of additives for the meat and dairy industry began
First attempts towards processing chemistry, i.e. production of decorative cosmetics and perfumery in cooperation with French and later Italian companies
Production of powdered and liquid household and industrial cleaning agents and laundry detergents started
New chlor-alkali plant based on membrane technology started operating.
New spray tower for the production of Sodium and Potassium Tripolyphosphates was erected.
PC Phosphates start to manufacture of calcium phosphates used as mineral additive in the production of various feed products for cattle, hogs, poultry and other animals.
PC Finished products opens a new production facility for liquid detergents and cleaners, which consists of a mixing system and a liquid filling line.
An environmental – technological remediation of phosphate production plant was performed. The induvidual production processes are connected into an enclosed circle so that all the water (cooling and technological ) is returned back into the process . Purification of phosphoric acid is carried out by solvent extraction,the raffinate is used in the production of calcium phosphate. Two separate bag filter system have been installed in the plant to reduce dust emission.
In our Chloralkali plat the electrolyzers DD 350 type have been replaced by the new, more sophisticated BM 2.7 type, which is characterized by improved efficiency, operating life and construction.
Profit center phosphates begins with the production of food calcium phosphates, that are used in food industry, pharmaceutical and elsewhere.
Profit centre Phosphates obtained a new modern, fully automatic filling device for packing phosphates
We obtained a Fami QS certificate, that will facilitate the sales of feed grade phosphates.
PC Finished Productsinvestedina packing device for powdereddetergentsand a new fillingline for smaller sized liquid cleaners and detergents.
2016 – We connected municipal and industrial wastewater to the sewage collector and WWTP Hrastnik